In this article,Let’s newsciencez.com learn more details below:Effective Face Yoga Exercises You Should Try at Home
Yoga is a mind and body practice with a 5,000-year history in ancient Indian philosophy. In more recent years, it has become popular as a form of physical exercise based upon poses that promote improved control of the mind and body and enhance well-being. Face yoga is a series of facial exercises intended to tone the muscles in the face. Facial exercises increase blood circulation in the face, creating a healthier, more vibrant complexion. It also strengthens the muscles in the face, which can weaken as we age.
Effective Face Yoga Exercises
1. The Cheek Lifter
This exercise is designed to strengthen the cheeks and define the upper lip.
- Open your mouth and form an O.
- Position your upper lip over your teeth and smile to lift cheek muscles up.
- Place your index fingers lightly on top of your cheek muscles, directly under your eyes. Release cheek muscles to lower them.
- Then smile again, thinking about pushing the muscles up toward your eyes.
- Repeat by lowering and lifting the cheeks 10 times.
- On the 10th time, hold your muscles up as high as you can and hold for 20 seconds.
Repeat three times.
2. Jaw and Neck Firmer
- Open your mouth and make an “aah” sound.
- Fold your lower lip and the corners of your lips into your mouth and hold tightly as you extend your lower jaw forward.
- Using your lower jaw, scoop up slowly as you close your mouth, pulling your chin up about 1 inch each time you scoop and tilting your head backward.
- Open and close your lower jaw 10 times. On the 10th scoop, your chin should be pointing to the ceiling.
- Hold this position for 20 seconds and think about the sides of your face lifting.
Repeat three times.
3. Smooth The Brow
This exercise is food for horizontal forehead lines.
- Place both hands on the forehead facing inwards and spread all of the fingers out between the eyebrows and hairline.
- Gently sweep the fingers outwards across the forehead, applying light pressure to tighten the skin.
Relax and repeat 10 times.
4. Natural Lip Plumper
This exercise helps thin lips and lines in the corner of the mouth.
- Sit down and tip your head back slightly
- Pucker lips tightly and pushes forward
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds before releasing
Repeat the exercise 5 times.
5. The Eyebrow Lifter
- Press three fingertips under each of your eyebrows to force your eyes open.
- Smile as you try to lower your eyebrows against your fingers. Hold.
- Then close your eyes and roll your eyeballs toward the top of your head. Hold for 20 seconds and keep smiling.
Release and repeat three times.
6. The Flirty Eyes
It is good for deep eye hollows and drooping eyebrows.
- Place an index finger under each eye, pointing towards the nose.
- Hide the teeth and form an ‘o’ with your mouth.
- Flutter the upper eyelids while gazing at the ceiling for 30 seconds.
7. Cheek Sculptor
It helps to plump the face for a youthful glow.
- Purse your lips together and smile like you’re putting on blush
- Place your fingers on either side of your mouth under the apples of your cheeks
- Slide your fingers up so you’re lifting your cheeks, and hold for 30 seconds
Repeat the exercise 8 times.
8. Forehead Smoother
This exercise trains the muscle that extends from the eyebrows to the upper forehead, which can smooth the lines on the forehead and lift the eyebrows.
- Place your index and middle fingers across your forehead at the hairline. Press the entire length of those fingers down firmly onto your scalp, then slowly slide your fingers down your forehead toward your eyebrows, flexing your eyebrows tightly upward.
- Lift your eyebrows up against the pressure of your fingers. You should feel a tight band of pressure across your brows.
- Hold tight for 10 seconds and then release. Repeat three times, but on the third time, hold for 20 seconds.
Repeat the entire sequence one more time.
In conclusion, doing face yoga exercises is a very good way to relax the muscles in your jaw, eyes, and head that become tense when you spend a lot of time in front of screens or on the phone, or if you have bad posture for other reasons. Working your facial muscles promotes better microcirculation and smoothes out wrinkles, giving your skin a healthy glow.
In addition to your daily exercises, acupressure can also stimulate different areas of your body to help release and cleanse accumulated toxins.